Head Start Pre-Kindergarten / Free for Port Chester Children
In partnership with Westchester Community Opportunity Program, the Port Chester Schools will offer up to 345 slots to a free, full day, Pre-Kindergarten program for children who:
- Will be 4 years old by December 1, 2017
- Are residents of Port Chester
- Meet the established Federal and State income guidelines
The New York State Education Department and the Federal Government as the grant funding entities have established an income standard for families to be eligible for the Pre-K program.
In Pre-K, the children will build necessary social, emotional and academic skills, preparing them for Kindergarten through a developmentally appropriate curriculum. Children with special needs are included. Each site offers classroom configuration options for working parents.
The school day for ALL Pre-Kindergarten students is 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM and will run concurrent with the school district calendar. Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year is now closed.
Location / Enrollment
Port Chester Head Start Pre-Kindergarten is held at two locations in Port Chester:
- Port Chester Head Start Pre-Kindergarten • 17 Spring Street • Open 7:30 AM until 5:30 PM • (914) 937-5863
- Port Chester Children's Place Pre-Kindergarten • 400 Westchester Ave • Open 7:30 AM until 4:30 PM • (914) 690-0860
Enrollment and more information, call (914) 937-5863.